[ANNOUNCE] New US West Territory ISP mailing list

  • From: Dax Kelson
  • Date: Wed Jun 10 01:20:15 1998

Announcing a new mailing list for ISPs unfortunate enough to operate in
one of US West's 14 states:

Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa,
Minnesota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

The purpose of the list is an attempt for ISPs to gain strength in numbers
and support each other in dealing with our favorite telco, US West, as
well as dealing with our respective Public Service Comissions to force US
West to "play fair".

As you probably know, US West is in the process of introducing DSL in 40
markets.  The co-marketing of USWEST internet access via USWEST.NET ALONG
with the DSL line is a major problem and the current hot topic on the
mailing list.  The ISPs in Oregon and Washington (who happen to have
Public Service Comissions with a spine) have won important concessions in
regards to DSL and the marketing of it.

It is very simply to subscribe, just send an empty email to:

 [email protected]

To unsubscribe send one to:

 [email protected]

Please forward this email to any ISPs which could benefit.

Dax Kelson
Internet Connect, Inc.
Salt Lake City, UT