Re: gated

  • From: Susan Hares
  • Date: Tue Jun 09 13:53:52 1998

Peter:

You will find that the current staff is working toward:

1) 1 memory allocator
2) 1 logging module
3) simplifying the bound checking.

Now, we are only in progress.  You are welcome to join the process to help
fix GateD or you are welcome to continue complaining.

Merit provides 2 different routing demons - GateD and MRT for
public consumption.  Both have BGP.  If you don't like GateD and
don't want to fix it, perhaps you'd like MRT.

If you have specific suggestions on the logging modules,
we have a "gnats" interface where we record suggestions and bugs.
Please feel free to enter your specific comments there.  We welcome
any suggestions even if you aren't going to use the GateD daemon
in the future.

http://www.gated.org/new_web/support/index.html

Susan Hares
Merit GateD consortium

========
Your note June 8th

What about gated ? You mean that we do not all admire its *three* diferent
memory allocators, two different logging modules, two different bounds
checking wossits etc ?