Re: WorldNIC

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Tue Jun 09 00:52:49 1998

At 23:58 6/8/98 -0400, you wrote:

>> Call me a whiner, but I still believe if .com is taken, you shouldn't
>> take the .org unless you're truly nonprofit.
>
>Well...most people go for .net before resorting to .org.

Ironic, isn't it, that the very company charged with safeguarding and
controlling the major TLDs is the very company that destroyed their
usefullness?

When I did a registration dry run today at WorldNIC, it told me that my
chosen .com domain was taken, but offered me my choice of .net or .org.
Thank you, Network Solutions, for ruining the entire purpose of seperate
TLDs.  Why don't you just toss them all, and everyone will register a .nsi
domain?  For a suitably large fee, of course.

What do spammers and nails have in common?  They're both intended for
hammering.

Dean Robb
PC-Easy
On-site computer services