Re: Load balancing/Multiple CNAME's (Was: Re: Beyond DNS...)

  • From: Manar Hussain
  • Date: Mon Jun 08 18:44:15 1998

>> Actually I'm not so sure - I can well imagine that a reasonably well
>> publicised change in how DNS works in order to make "the web better" would
>> probably get adopted more readily in browsers than mere conformance to well
>> documented, already existent RFCs that are currently flouted.
>
>i imagined that, which is why i contributed to RFC 2052.  but i was wrong.
>the browser vendors don't think of this as one of their important problems.

The key thing missing here is the presentation. You either needed it to
somehow be picked up by the more press ("better web access coming") or
convince Netscape/MS they almost came up with it themselves (at which point
they will probably do just about anything that they could then claim makes
them better :).

Manar