Re: WorldNIC

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sun Jun 07 18:58:50 1998

On Fri, Jun 05, 1998 at 12:05:58PM -0700, Chris Cappuccio wrote:

> What's this deal about InterNIC forwarding all request to WorldNIC?  If I
> send in a (filled out) registration template to [email protected],
> it's completed by InterNIC...
>
> I think the real fraud is in WorldNIC and other registrars (like Netnames in
> the UK) selling vanity names in country TLDs.  IANA encourages this.
> WorldNIC has an offer for $17,545 USD that will register a domain in all 72
> TLDs (or 5 domains in all 72 TLDs for $87,725 USD)...

I'm CC'ing this to Chuck Gomes at InterNIC. I'd really love to hear
verification that this is true.

Mr Gomes? Care to provide comments on the possibility that NSI is defrauding
the Internet community with this plan?

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,