Re: Why does Sprint have address filters again?

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Mon Jun 01 15:38:28 1998

On Sat, May 30, 1998 at 09:22:35AM -0400, Avi Freedman wrote:
> And who pays for the administration of this service?
> The government does.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding here, but I thought ARIN was supposed
to be moving towards not being funded by anyone besides themselves...

> > What is going on here?  ASNs didn't used to cost money until ARIN got its
> > claws into them.

Question is, what are the costs of maintaining the database of ASN
information?

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,