Re: 165.138.0.0

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu May 28 17:51:32 1998

>So is your rant about Sprint's filtering a macro by now?
>
>Or are you hoping that sheer repetition will somehow "fix" what
>you perceive to be an evil conspiracy?

Never attribute to duplicity what can be explained by stupidity.

I'm perfectly willing to take Sprint at its corporate word.  But
if so, the same reasoning why sprint filters non-customer routes
would apply to other ISPs filtering sprint customer routes.  If
sprint doesn't want to change its policy, its up to the sprint
NOC to assist its customers to meet identical terms and conditions

    "Addresses not meeting the addressing filters, must either qualify
     for a larger chunk fo non-provider-assigned address space or get
     aggregatable address space from their immediate provider(s) and
     renumber their hosts into it."

Renumbering is easy, everyone has to do it, even Sprint customers.

Unless you are advocating that Sprint be treated to special conditions.