Re: Wrong /24 Announcement at UU.net / BGP IOS Bug ?

  • From: Richard Almeida
  • Date: Tue May 26 14:05:43 1998

I had a whole load of hastle with this about 2 yr ago, (one of our upstreams
is AS701 aswell), where my routers "aparently" announced a /24 at some point
which the withdraw got lost deep in UUnet.

To fix this temporarily, announce the /24 and then withdraw it (toward UUNET
in your case)

I think this was happening when I was using IOS10.3 and my config said
something like

router bgp XXXX
 network 194.x.y.0 255.255.255.0
 network 194.x.0.0 255.255.0.0 summary-only

And thus the route did get briefly announced and withdrawn by me. I also
have some recollection of an IOS bug where withdraws did get lost which
was spotted in the AS7007 problem..

Richard