Re: The questions stand

  • From: John Fraizer - Administrator
  • Date: Thu May 21 14:15:43 1998

At 09:43 AM 5/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes, John, I've been reading NANOG long enough to be aware that there
>are hundreds of ways to do it wrong.
>
>There are about a dozen ways to do it right, too.
>
>There are only about 40 ISPs in this area, OC-3 is probably overkill...
>not to mention whether it's actually _available_ reasonably, but you'll
>notice that's where I started.

You tell the telco what you're up to and they'll gladly provision you on
glass. It is much more cost effective for them than to provision (and
maintain) multiple copper circuits.

>Cheers,
>-- jra
>--
>Jay R. Ashworth
[email protected]
>Member of the Technical Staff             Unsolicited Commercial Emailers
Sued
>The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
>Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790
7592

>Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------
http://www.totk.com

-------
John Fraizer    (tvo)     |    __   _                 |
The System Administrator  |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:[email protected]  |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/ | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
                     A 486 is a terrible thing to waste...