Re: SkyTel 2Way pagers DOWN all US

  • From: Jan B. Koum
  • Date: Thu May 21 11:13:26 1998

	www.takedown.com - cheesy but cute.
	Actually, I had problem with my CDMA phone today. I called the GTE
techs to let them know they were having problems (I am not the one to
usually complain -- they really did have problems). They were able to tell
me which cell the call was made from. But that is not that exciting -- I
can put my phone in debug mode and see the cell # for myself (gotta love
default passwords). What was more interesting is that they knew
approximately where in the cell was I, which neighbor cells the phone was
trying to use (since the one I was in was dying - reason for the
problems). They even told me when I entered the cell to the nearest
minute. I wonder how satellite phones will affect this (project iridium).
	Ok, we now go back to your scheduled broadcast (and I have finals
tomorrow)

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  [email protected] |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org -- The Power to Serve  |   to go home in the dark."