Re: SkyTel 2Way pagers DOWN all US

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed May 20 11:18:11 1998

On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 08:46:07PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Just wanted to inform anyone that relies on this for system notifications
> > etc.  Skytel lost a satellite feed and all of their 2-Way pagers are down.
> > I called them and they told me that it had been down since 5:00pm CST and
> > they hoped to have it back 'soon'.
>
> There was a satellite failure that has taken out most paging in the US. My
> AirTouch is also out. I assume that the paging comanies are scrambling to get
> other access.

Interestingly enough, my Tampa PageNet pager died around the same time,
was down at 0300, and was working at 0830.  The reason it's interesting
is that I'm _not_ a nationwide customer.  Their _local_ RF was down.

Go figure.

CHeers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com