spam control (was renumbering etc) through hiding relays

  • From: Paul Mansfield
  • Date: Mon May 18 13:43:14 1998

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Dean Anderson wrote:

> >One really nifty side effect could be to make it harder to spam through other
> >ISP's relays if the relays which had to be relatively open for customers
> >weren't visible on the 'net at large.
>
> Your customer relays never have to be visible to the net at large.
> Remember, sendmail is a "mail router"

yes, but our relays also act as backup MX... its a long story, sigh.
luckily Exim (http://www.exim.org) can be configured to do both relay and MXing
controllably... and the documentation is plenty good enough to make it easy!

> 		--Dean

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
*** If a grand piano had a rubout key, I'd be a concert pianist by now! ***