Re: ARIN allocating /20 netblocks?

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sun May 17 14:02:18 1998

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Michael K. Smith wrote:

> Let's not forget to mention the 10,000 dialup customers who have to
> change their DNS numbers.  We have sent snail-mail and e-mail over and
> over again, yet only about 1/3 of that 10k have actually made the change
> away from the old numbers.  How many of those customers do you think
> we'll lose when we officially turn off the old ip's?

IMHO every dialup customer from every ISP in the world should use
192.168.254.1 for their DNS address and this number should be hard coded
as the default in all client software. Then this problem would go away.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: [email protected]