Re: ARIN allocating /20 netblocks?

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Sat May 16 19:02:35 1998

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Brett Frankenberger wrote:

> Really?  What is their new policy?  Suppose you can only fill 60% of a
> /19 ... do they give you a /20 (with permission to announce the /19)

Go have a look at http://www.arin.net/initial-isp.html for the full scoop.

BTW...I still think any organization paying ARIN registration fees should
"be an ARIN member" without having to pay additional yearly fees.  Maybe
even make membership require that the organization either pay the yearly
membership fee _or_ an IP space registration fee, whichever is greater.

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  http://noagent.com/?jl1 for cheap
 Network Administrator       |  life insurance over the net.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |