Re: ARIN allocating /20 netblocks?

  • From: James Rishaw
  • Date: Fri May 15 16:58:28 1998
  • Rfc_violation: You saw it here first!

Jeremiah Kristal wrote:
> ARIN has made a slight change to make it easier for small ISPs to get
> provider independant netblocks.  They will assign a /20 and reserve the
> adjacent /20, the customer is allowed to announce the entire /19.
> For further information, please view http://www.arin.net/initial-isp.html

Now, let's `cat post | bullshitfilter.pl` and see what we get:

ARIN has made a slight change to make it easier for them to make more
money by allowing anyone to register for IPs.  They will assign a /20 and
reserve the adjacent /20...

$

Ahh, that makes more sense now.

-jamie the cynic :)
--
jamie rishaw (dal/efnet:gavroche)           American Information Systems, Inc.
     rdm: "Religion is obsolete."   gsr: "By what?"  jgr: "Solaris." (1996)