ARIN allocating /20 netblocks?

  • From: Mark D. Nagel
  • Date: Fri May 15 15:45:02 1998

One of our customers was recently allocated a /20 netblock from ARIN.
I had just been ass-u-ming it was a /19 until I cross-checked our
announcement update with the request from the customer.  Is this a
change in policy (I thought they only allocated /19 or bigger) or did
I miss something?  If the former, are NSPs like Sprint planning to
update filters to route these new smaller blocks?

Mark
--
Mark D. Nagel <[email protected]>, CCIE #3177
in|tele|net communications; 18101 Von Karman Ave, St 550; Irvine, CA 92612