Re: Ligistics; Wireless..

  • From: Stephen Stuart
  • Date: Wed May 13 12:17:38 1998

> Which wireless standard will be supported?
>
> 802.11 or openair?

Since I have been supplying the wireless connectivity for NANOG
starting from, well, whenever I started doing it, I guess that's a
question for me. The standard is AT&T's WaveNET; products that conform
to it are Digital's RoamAbout and Lucent's WaveLAN. I've heard rumours
of 802.11 support, but nothing concrete.

More info on the products can be found at:

	http://www.networks.digital.com/dr/wireless/
	http://www.wavelan.com/

The AccessPoints described at the first URL are what connect the wired
and wireless networks. 915 MHz and 2.4GHz variants will be supplied.

Send me mail for information on the BSDI driver and roaming daemon.

Since I won't be attending the June NANOG, Jeff Rizzo from PAIX has
agreed to make sure that the equipment is there and works (with remote
help from me).

Stephen