Re: Authoratative Nameserver Info

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Wed May 13 10:26:42 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Raymond Curci wrote:

>      I recently migrated a DNS server with many domains and found
> out an undocumented command.  If you first find out the NIC handle
> for your DNS server, use the whois interface's server command to
> locate domains with NS records pointing to your server.
> Here is an example to locate domains with NS records pointing at
> my server, CNTFL.COM:

I've been doing that for some time...trouble is, we're listed as
authoratative for probably a thousand domains or more.

yoda:~$ whois "server KASHM-HST"
[rs.internic.net]
Aborting search 256 records found .....

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  I guess only the first 256 are
 Network Administrator       |  important :)
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |