Re: Possible login/password grabbing ploy

  • From: John Butler
  • Date: Mon May 11 15:46:10 1998

On Mon, May 11, 1998, Joe Provo - Network Architect <[email protected]> quoth:
> Nothing at the real provider's home base, INSTANET.COM, reveals anything
> of interest.  Some kook thinking he can auction off typo domains?

Heey! I feel special!

bash-2.00$ host mindsring.com
mindsring.com           A       205.231.48.243
bash-2.00$ host mindpring.com
mindpring.com           A       205.231.48.243
bash-2.00$ host mindsping.com
mindsping.com           A       205.231.48.243

Someone out there has money to blow. Expect to see forthcoming spam about the
vast moneymaking potential of misspelled donaims.

I suppose obfuscation is one of the sincerer forms of flattery...

--
John Butler, Network Engineer, Mindspring Enterprises Operations Dept
web toys at http://www.mindspring.com/~fez  mailto:[email protected]