Re: AT&T NOC?

  • From: Brian Wilson
  • Date: Mon May 11 13:52:46 1998

At 09:25 AM 5/9/98 PDT, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Is this the correct address for their NOC or should I try elsewhere?
>
>This is not a NOC at all.  This is a mailing list, read by quite a few
>network operators, many of whom are not impressed by would be operators
>who can not tell a mailing list from a NOC.

Neither are they impressed by people who can't follow simple trains
of thought and paragraph structure.

>I'v fired of an email to [email protected] but havent got anything yet.

>Is this the correct address for their NOC or should I try
>elsewhere?

"This" referring to '[email protected]' and not '[email protected]'.
I think it was plain from his message ("I need to contact them"
instead of "I need to contact you", etc) that he understood
that '[email protected]' isn't the address for AT&Ts NOC.

It's not that I don't appreciate good flames, I just like
them to be properly directed.

SFTS.

B/W/

Brian Wilson --- Engineer, MindSpring Network Operations Center
[email protected]                http://www.mindspring.com
Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge
even where there is no river.                -- Nikita Khrushchev