Re: Re (2): Core router bakeoff?

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Sat May 09 19:38:45 1998

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Michael Dillon wrote:

> > My UPSs and hard drives are all y2k compliant. So is my shaver, toothbrush,
> > alarm clock, power screwdriver, and ham sandwich.
>
> I'd be careful about jumping to conclusions like that if I were you. Don't
> wait until after the Year 2000 to eat that ham sandwich or you might find
> it a most unpleasant experience! ;-)

Especially when you find out that your APC UPS just shut down because it
has a Y2k problem.   Yes, thats right, certain UPS's with date code in
them will fail Jan 1 2000.

- Forrest W. Christian ([email protected])
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648