Re: Uptime...

  • From: Ron Fitzherbert
  • Date: Fri May 08 21:06:31 1998

I know, I know --- noise, but I couldn't help it this time...

  5:35pm  up 405 days,  1:15,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
User     tty      from             [email protected]  idle   JCPU   PCPU  what
root     tty1                      9Mar96                      w

That was a Linux/Intel dual-ether router -- it finally crashed about 5
weeks later after a major power-failure when the UPS battery ran out.

I agree with the previous comment of "if it ain't broke..." The above
machine was running 1.0x (I think it was .09) kernel even though 2.0 was
out, but it was performing fine as it was (btw, the login shown was the
console session logged in right after boot).

Ron

On Fri, 8 May 1998 [email protected] wrote:

> [[email protected] /root]# uptime
>  12:06pm  up 192 days, 22:31
>
> That's a PPro running Linux. Uptime would be higher if we hadn't
> upgraded it.
>
> Dirk
>

> On Fri, May 08, 1998 at 09:56:53AM -0400, Blake Willis wrote:
> > Command> ver
> > Livingston PortMaster IRX ComOS 3.5R
> > System uptime is 269 days 20 hours 2 minutes
> >
> > No comment.

> > Blake Willis           					703-448-4470x483
> > Network Engineer, New Customers				[email protected]
> > CAIS Internet, a CGX Communications Company

> > > XXXXXX uptime is 102 weeks, 1 day, 8 hours, 47 minutes
> > > System restarted by reload
> > >
> > > 10.3 was a fairly stable release.
> > >
> > > The longest running devices on our network are likely some DECserver 100's
> > >
> > > There is something to the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
> > > --
> > > Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
> > >   Affiliation given for identification not representation

  ---------------- Ronald J. Fitzherbert, President ---------------
                  Flying Penguin Productions Limited
              Arlington, Virginia & Austin, Texas  (USA)