Re: Core router bakeoff?

  • From: Joe Warren-Meeks
  • Date: Fri May 08 14:04:03 1998

Hello all,

> At the low end, sure. They're cheap as all hell, easy to remote
> manage, easy to expand, and very efficient. With the right software,
> they are pretty damn nice. Lots of NSPs use the things these days --
> Daemon in the U.K. used to do nothing but BSD boxes last time I
> checked.

Indeed up until a few months ago all our core routers were OpenBSD
machines, however recently we have started getting GRF's in to
complement them.

And its spelt Demon, as in the guy with the horns 8)

Joe

--
Joe Warren-Meeks                          Senior Systems Administrator
[email protected]                                      Demon Internet Ltd