Re: Re (2): Core router bakeoff?

  • From: Dalvenjah FoxFire
  • Date: Fri May 08 13:30:56 1998

On Fri, May 08, 1998 at 11:42:40AM -0400, Eric Germann put this into my mailbox:
> >You are right but is it Year 2000 compliant?
> >

> Do we really care if an unmanaged hub is Y2K compliant?  As long as it
> forwards packets....
>
> BTW, saw a great ad the other day from Nortel on y2k compliance on T1
> concentrators.  Anyone have any idea why it matters in a mux, if it isn't
> managed?

This is getting way off topic, but I suspect that since Joe Public is now
so paranoid because of these fearmongering consultants that he insists his
toaster (two holes, heating element, warms up bread) be y2k compliant. New
buzzword, and all that.

I suspect that certain companies are taking the logical approach, and
branding products that don't actually have any date-dependent code 'y2k
compliant', even when it doesn't matter one bit.

My UPSs and hard drives are all y2k compliant. So is my shaver, toothbrush,
alarm clock, power screwdriver, and ham sandwich.

-dalvenjah

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen) His warm, strong hands caressed her
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network      body gently. Just then, Fabio walked