Re: Microsoft NOC?

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Fri May 08 11:20:59 1998

On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 05:47:47PM -0500, Derek Balling wrote:
> At 03:36 PM 5/7/98 -0700, Kit Knox wrote:
> >425-882-8080 as listed by whois for Microsoft is not their NOC.  When you
> >call this number you are told that they will only transfer by a persons
> >name or extension and offer no other assitance.
> >
> >If anyone has any other contact information it would be appreciated.
>
> I suppose you could call InterNIC, advise them that the contact information
> for the domain MICROSOFT.COM is not valid, and that under InterNIC's stated
> policy the domain needs to be put "On Hold" until it is compliant with
> their regulations.
>
> Unless InterNIC is a Microsoft lapdog, too. *grin*
>
> Wonder if THAT would get their NOC's attention?

Well, InterNIC adminstrative people, including a certain Vice
President, are known to be reading this list...

Well?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com