Re: Microsoft NOC?

  • From: Kevin Oberman
  • Date: Fri May 08 11:02:02 1998

> From: Kurt Parent <[email protected]>
> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:59:25 -0700
> Sender: [email protected]
>
> Microsoft's NOC is best accessed via the [email protected] e-mail alias.
> The [email protected] alias handles (what else) peering inquiries and
> internal communication.

Clueless in Seattle (or nearby).

Let's see... My customers can't get to MSN. I see that I don't seem to
have a route to them. I send them e-mail to tell them there is a
problem. The e-mail uses the network to ... sit in the outgoing queue
until the problem is fixed. Oops!

The reason it is imperative that there be a telephone number for an
ISP is that it's really hard to use e-mail to contact an ISP if the
network connectivity to the ISP is not working.

It does make it easy to say that you are not getting any reports of
problems when you want to go home early, though. :-)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [email protected]			Phone: +1 510 486-8634