Re: Core router bakeoff?

  • From: kbrown
  • Date: Thu May 07 23:12:18 1998

In working on a project for Sprint on which we were dealing with Max 4004's
dropping the PRIs and failing to cycle them in the event of a line
failure... they asked for an Ascend technician to come on-site, as I am not
nearly as well versed in Ascend boxes.  The Ascend support center flat out
said they don't have technicians to send out on-site and that standard
protocol is to call an IBM SE to come out.

If this doesn't say enough about their support structure...nothing does.
Personally...they fail.  Especially since my company IS an IBM Business
Partner and I work with 2210 routers daily...

"Jason L. Weisberger" <[email protected]> on 05/07/98 08:45:46 PM