Re: Core router bakeoff?

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Thu May 07 23:10:18 1998

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Jon Green wrote:

> Wait.. a Bay BCN will push 1 Gb/s through the box, but you are recommending
> a PC running GateD over a Bay router?  If you are going to tell people
> "don't use this" a least give some reasons why to justify it.

Well I also like PC Routers over BCN. You are right a BCN can push much
more data then a PC Router, but of you look at value and ease of use the
PC Routers wins. When you need more bandwidth then a PC can handle then
you can move to a GRF and just copy over your configs. :-)

><>
Nathan Stratton				Telecom & ISP Consulting
www.robotics.net	 		[email protected]