Re: Another major smurf run

  • From: Jonathan Lusky
  • Date: Wed May 06 13:46:10 1998

David,

Sorry for the flood of email.  I attempted to write a script to
parse cisco syslogs of a smurf attack and automatically mail contacts
listed in rwhois--looks like it doesn't work so well, particularly
in the case of APNIC and RIPE blocks.  I will stop using it.

If anyone has something that works better, I'd love to get a copy.

--
Jonathan R. Lusky		|  Voyager Online, LLC
Director of Network Operations	|  (423) 209-2929