RE: Another major smurf run

  • From: Tom Walton
  • Date: Wed May 06 12:23:17 1998

Isn't there a dedicated list for this yet?

Having been bludgeoned into near-coma by the last month's deluge of
smurf-related stuff - some technically ridiculous, some only
bureaucratically tedious - I don't feel moved to track the "bite-me" list in
real-time (15 minutes *ahead* of real-time, in fact, mirabile dictu).

In the spirit of some recently offered theories, I believe smurfing is
really a cleverly disguised DOS attack, aimed not at the ostensible victims,
rather against the readership of NANOG. Once we're lulled into a torpor by
the smurf postings, our disks will fill to an un-fsckable jumble, 15 full
minutes ahead of real-time.

Take it out in the hall, will ya?

--Tom
====