Re: Two renumbering questions

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Tue May 05 14:33:29 1998
  • Newsgroups: local.nanog

>> If it is a singleton hole in a /18, your most net-friendly action would
>> be to voluntarily renumber.  The provider's most net-friendly action
>> would be to indicate it was non-portable.

In case I didn't make it clear in my original question, I figured I'd
probably have to renumber -- I was more wondering if I had the option
to hold on to the old addresses for a little while during the
transition, since the overlap I'll get between the old and new
upstreams will (for a variety of reasons) probably not be very long.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[email protected], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,