Re: SMURF amplifier page

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Mon May 04 11:29:48 1998

Chris,

> If you want to contact the operators of these networks please read the
> objects carefully. In the ARIN database address space allocated by
> other regional registries (RIPE NCC in Europe & APNIC in Asia/Pacific)

Yep - being in Europe I am aware of this :-P

> Alex Bligh writes
> > Would it be possible to take the amplifier list and publish an abbreviated
> > version sorted by origin AS (will need a BGP lookup).
>
> This information is also available from the (various) routing
> registries. See the 'route:' object above.

The trouble is I suspect there is a high correlation between those
people who have not yet employed "no ip directed broadcast" and those
who have non-existant or incorrect route entries. Also some large NSPs
don't register route entries (Sprint being a good example).

--
Alex Bligh
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)