Re: Network Operators and smurf

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sun Apr 26 18:41:38 1998

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> >Since I have started blacklisting people, the list has grown to more
> >than 40

> Currently, the measures "I" am taking is:
. . .
> What else do I need?!  What am I doing wrong with the above (if anything)

One obvious thing missing from your strategy is that you aren't
blacklisting the SMURF amplifiers by publicly announcing who they are on
this list and by not blocking the entire netblock in which they reside.
That is what Karl is doing.

http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: [email protected]