Re: Filtering ICMP (Was Re: SMURF amplifier block list)

  • From: Richard Irving
  • Date: Fri Apr 24 12:58:11 1998

Ok. You know how I always ask the obvious... So, here I go again..

This is only slightly off topic.. If you have no amplifiers
greater than 2x-4x, is there really a need to turn off ip directed
broadcasts?

  And if this is true, doesn't designing your network with minimized
amplifier space sort of negate all this ?

Enlighten me ....

   Richard