Re: ARIN Services

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Mon Apr 20 23:55:37 1998

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, David R. Conrad wrote:

> I don't think* APNIC (or RIPE for that matter) has much interest in paying
> NSI to run the software used at ARIN, and I don't think ARIN has much
> interest in running the RIPE database software (albeit its free) that RIPE
> and APNIC use.

So ARIN can spend about one /19 registration fee on a server to send over
to one of the other registries, and can run a mirror server at that remote
location.  They'd use SSH/scp so as to be sure nobody from the other
registry sniffed their packets and stole the secrets of their software.

Maybe I'm missing something...it just doesn't seem like rocket science to
me.

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  http://noagent.com/?jl1 for cheap
 Network Administrator       |  life insurance over the net.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |