Re: ARIN Services

  • From: David R. Conrad
  • Date: Mon Apr 20 12:08:19 1998

Hi,

>if each registry, in addition to it's own
>database lookup services, operates mirrors of the database lookup
>services of the other registries

I don't think* APNIC (or RIPE for that matter) has much interest in paying
NSI to run the software used at ARIN, and I don't think ARIN has much
interest in running the RIPE database software (albeit its free) that RIPE
and APNIC use.

I understand what you are saying and yes, it'd be nice if the registries
mirror each other.  Unfortunately, the technology to do so does not yet
exist [back! back! down! (fighting off another attack of cynicism)].  RIDE
-- it's not just a good idea, it's... umm, well, it's a good idea.

Regards,
-drc

(*) I'd be more definitive if I was still in charge of APNIC... (:-)).