Re: ARIN Services

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Fri Apr 17 01:01:02 1998

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Forrest W. Christian wrote:

> Now, I fully agree that the BEST solution to the problem is for it to be
> available 24x7, as there are those of us which work from midnight-4 on a
> regular basis.  (I myself have two waking schedules 9a - midnight or
> noon-4a, depending on what needs to get done.)

One would think the various registries might make a deal to host "mirror"
sites for each other and then spread the word that if for instance,
rs.arin.net isn't working, you should try rs2.arin.net (which might reside
somewhere in Europe).  People in Europe, might naturally just use
rs2.arin.net, knowing that its closer and faster for them.

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  This space for rent.  Enquire
 Network Administrator       |  at left.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  :)