Re: ARIN Services

  • From: Clayton O'Neill
  • Date: Thu Apr 16 16:50:19 1998

On 16 Apr 1998 14:55:24 -0400, Michael Dillon <[email protected]> wrote:
|I suppose that network problems never happen in the People's Republic of
|China? And the Chinese network operators never need to consult
|whois.arin.net to find contact info for the idiot North American network
|operator who's asleep at the wheel with directed broadcast turned on?
|
|Of course not, we all know that the Internet ends at the edges of North
|America, don't we?

Then you'd rather ARIN do maintainance in the middle of the afternoon EST?
I'd be surprised if the whois traffic at ARIN isn't almost entirely North
American users.

"The internet, of course, is more than a place to find pictures of people
having sex with dogs" -- Philip Elmer Dewitt, Time Magazine, July 3, 1995
[email protected]                                 [email protected]