Re: the whole world disappeared?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Apr 14 01:37:56 1998

> All AT&T InterSpan North American frame services are down. Our 200
> site WAN just went dark. No ETA for repair.

I'm starting to feel jinxed.

Two months ago Worldcom was in the office explaining how wonderful
their network was, a few days later they lost most of their west
coast connectivity.

Last month SPRINT was in the office explaining how wonderful their
network was, that weekend the Sprint network suffers software upgrade
meltdown.

This afternoon AT&T was in the office explaining how wonderful their
network was, and tonight the AT&T network falls over.

I think the only thing saving MCI is their salesperson hasn't been
able to tell me how wonderful their network is.

Anyone else care to try their luck and schedule an appointment to tell
me how wonderfull their network is :-)

To keep Randy from yelling at me, I am working on a protocol for
reporting alerting users to network and other failures.  I've decided
no one will implement management guidelines, so lets write some
software.  And someday you may even be able to configure your Cisco,
Ascend, etc to grok the protocol.  I think it would be a cool addition
to lucky IOS release 13.