Re: AS8584 taking over the internet

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Fri Apr 10 01:41:37 1998

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Gary R Wright wrote:

> And you think that a large ISP in a large country is somehow immune
> from human error?  I don't think the problem at hand has anything
> to do with the size of the ISP or the size of the country they might
> reside in.

His point was that some relatively insignifigant site on the net can ruin
things for large portions of the net relatively easily.

It sounds sort of like the egress/ingress filtering argument all over
again.  You shouldn't trust your customers...not because they're
malevelant, but just because accidents happen, and if you can contain
them, it makes things better for everyone.

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  http://noagent.com/?jl1 for cheap
 Network Administrator       |  life insurance over the net.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |