Re: AS8584 taking over the internet

  • From: Scott Huddle
  • Date: Thu Apr 09 19:18:24 1998

> Harping just a little more, unless the IP registries take the lead and push
> their hierarchical allocation tree data out and ISPs pick it up and do useful
> filtering with it, this problem will continue to occur regularly. Talk to your
> registry and your router vendors to start getting the pieces in place to get a
> global solution.

I like the idea of somehow using registry data to help build configs, but
confess to not liking the idea of using DNS to do so (the IDR proposal), mostly
because I don't see trusting the IP registries to do this, and in fact have a health
dose of paranoia about giving routing control (i.e. the availability the
service) to a service that can be manipulated by a single person
See http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,18849,00.html

-scott