Re: Seattle Sprint outage - update?

  • From: Marc Slemko
  • Date: Fri Mar 27 20:22:47 1998

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Randy Bush wrote:

> > Any one from Sprint care to enlighten us on the major fiber cut in
> > Seattle?
>
> Isn't it a damned shame that a company the size of Sprint does not have a
> NOC.  <sigh>

Having a NOC and having a NOC that those who aren't customers or peers can
use for outages or other problems (eg. 2s latency and 50% packet loss) are
two different things.

I don't know if the original poster is a Sprint customer or peer but, if
not, then in my experience you will get more information from asking the
bum in the back alley than from Sprint.