Re: THE END (was: Re: Internic hosage (fwd))

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Sun Mar 22 19:40:49 1998

On Sun, Mar 22, 1998 at 07:10:46PM -0500, Dean Anderson wrote:
> At 1:22 PM -0500 3/22/98, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >Round one to Robb, on a TKO.
>
> I concede that I have been outdone by Professor Robb. I am unable to
> comprehend his logic, and my mail spool isn't large enough to contain his
> rambling tirades.  I would respond point by insensible point to his mail,
> but I have limited time.
>
> Dr Robb (aka God) has the amazing ability to detect incorrect host records
> from his planet by psychic intuition, and doesn't need to go through the
> tedium of actually checking with people who are authoritative for a domain
> or IP, like the rest of us, since he is authoritative.  This is not
> something to be wasted or trifled with.  Indeed, one must demand that
> Internic immediately delete the offending record, and then notify the
> contacts.  In retrospect, I can see that simply sending mail to contacts at
> host.net and youwant.to is a waste of time for someone who is
> authoritative.  I apologize for not realizing this sooner.

<sigh>

Dean, Dean... and I had such high hopes for you.

His assertion, that the interNIC ought to follow it's own published
procedures and follow up on reports of bogus data, attempting
correction, and in extremis, deleting such records, seems to stand on
it's own.

It's also apparent from others' comments that they do not, which does
not surprise me at all, given _my_ past experiences with the InterNIC.

Have A Nice Day, Dean.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com