Re: Internic hosage

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Fri Mar 20 22:30:30 1998

At 17:06 3/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 02:12:40PM -0500, Dean Robb wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention that I've been in contact with Bode & Biddle as well;
>> the firm sueing NSI over the registration fee.  Seems that NSI's stance
>> (including email from NSI that specifically says they won't delete a domain
>> unless they don't pay) fits in nicely with the argument that NSI is a
>> "money-grubbing monopoly".
>
>During a discussion with the InterNIC's David Holtzman, I brought up the
>issue of false info on registrations. He said they were working on the
>problem.
>
>He didn't go into details, and I didn't ask for them.
>
>Just an FYI.

Thank you for the word.  Unfortunately, I think you're being led astray.
According to Chuck Gomes, their Director of Customer Programs:

"Last, we constantly find ourselves having to prioritize tasks.  We have
long lists
of improvements that are planned so there is always competition for resources.
The bogus information issue has only been a big concern of a few of our
customers.  In my role as Director of Customer Programs, I try to push hard
for
the changes that will impact the most customers in the most effective way
possible.  I for one am not convinced that putting a lot of effort into this
problem will have any significant effect."

Furthermore, Chuck, in several weeks of exchanges, was never able to
provide a single valid reason ["because people filter on domain names"
doesn't constitute a valid reason] why they don't just enforce their
Registration Agreement and delete a domain with false information when it's
brought to their attention.

If it's in your contract, and the violation is pointed out to you...how
much "work" does the problem need?

Spam:  it's not just for breakfast anymore....

Dean Robb
PC-Easy
On-site computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]