Re: Internic hosage

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Fri Mar 20 16:33:47 1998

At 22:59 3/18/98 -0800, you wrote:
>For a good example of this, whois perhaps.youwant.to, then
>nslookup perhaps.youwant.to. It looks like someone tried to pull
>a Kashpureff that didn't really succeed.
>
>The nslookup version of perhaps.youwant.to came first, by the way.
>
>So what can we do to actually get something done about it? Anyone?

Currently, I'm talking to a couple of people in the computer news world
(one electronic, one electronic and print) about doing a nice expose-style
article.  Seems that we should be getting SOMETHING for our $100, no?

[snip...]

I forgot to mention that I've been in contact with Bode & Biddle as well;
the firm sueing NSI over the registration fee.  Seems that NSI's stance
(including email from NSI that specifically says they won't delete a domain
unless they don't pay) fits in nicely with the argument that NSI is a
"money-grubbing monopoly".

Spam:  it's not just for breakfast anymore....

Dean Robb
PC-Easy
On-site computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]