Re: Internic hosage

  • From: Dalvenjah FoxFire
  • Date: Thu Mar 19 02:15:14 1998

On Wed, Mar 18, 1998 at 11:54:06PM -0500, Dean Robb put this into my mailbox:

> At 19:02 3/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >I'm still shocked that it took 4 days to motify my NIC Handle.
>
> Why?  I've got email from their brass admitting that their PGP
> authentication doesn't work; you can register using any name, city, phone
> number or DNS server you want (whether they exist or not; you don't even
> have to use numbers in the phone number area); they refuse to administer
> WhoIs in any manner whatsoever; they can't even afford anyone to answer the
> phones anywhere but on the payment lines.

For a good example of this, whois perhaps.youwant.to, then
nslookup perhaps.youwant.to. It looks like someone tried to pull
a Kashpureff that didn't really succeed.

The nslookup version of perhaps.youwant.to came first, by the way.

So what can we do to actually get something done about it? Anyone?

-dalvenjah

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen)  "Life is anything that dies when
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       you stomp on it." -Dave Barry

 e-mail: [email protected]             WWW: http://www.dal.net/~dalvenjah/
 whois: SN90                           Try DALnet! http://www.dal.net/