Question on filter-list config with peer goups

  • From: Andrew Brown
  • Date: Thu Mar 12 12:32:13 1998

Question:

WHen you have a peer configured in a peer group the peering session policy is implemenated according to the peer group definition ie:

neighbor testgroup peer-group
neighbor testgroup remote-as 2493
neighbor testgroup update-source Loopback0
neighbor testgroup send-community
neighbor testgroup version 4
neighbor testgroup route-map mci-bbone out
neighbor testgroup filter-list 70 out

neighbor 130.200.17.250 peer-group testgroup
neighbor 150.300.12.13 peer-group testgroup

Why is it that when I try to remove the filter-list statement out of the peer group definition it gives me an error?? It appears you cannot assign different filter-lists to individual
members of a peer-group.

ie

no neighbor testgroup filter-list 70 out = works OK

then ..

neighbor 130.200.17.250 filter-list 70 out

produces this error

% Invalid command for a peer-group member

I am trying to apply a different filter-list to different members of the same peer group.

Can anyone offer their advice/experience

greatly appreciated - I am definitly stuck here!

Andrew

Andrew Brown - Internetwork Design Engineer - Service Development
iSTAR internet inc Tel: (613)780-2210
250 Albert Street Fax: (613)780-6666
Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1P 6M1