Re: Can you explain why paths to same host diverge?

  • From: John Hawkinson
  • Date: Fri Feb 27 23:05:23 1998

> > Current code from cisco in the branch supporting Cisco Express Forwarding
> > (CEF -- not publically available) that many NSPs are running has support
> > for multiple path selection based on a hash of the source and destination
> > address of a packet.
>
>  When that code became available?

I believe sometime in March is being targetted. See your cisco representative
for details :-)

>  Does anyone care to share experiences with that kind of load sharing in the
>  real networks?

Well, we're using it in quite a few places and we're very happy with it.

If you read my e2e-i citation, you'd have noted that Curtis mentioned
that the T3 NSFnet NSSes did this and it was successful then...

--jhawk