Re: Fiber cut in SJ 1:54 EST

  • From: Matt Sommer
  • Date: Mon Feb 16 18:10:22 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Irving <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, February 14, 1998 4:56 PM
Subject: Fiber cut in SJ 1:54 EST

>There has been a fiber cut in SJ region affecting several
>carriers. The fiber carriers (WC) will be keeping everyone
>informed. Expect unusual flows.
>
>   :(

They will?  How many know about the cut in Atlanta Sunday?  8-12 hrs?  I
don't know exactly.  Do they (WorldCom) have a maillist for trouble and
scheduled maintenance or a status page?  And what happened to their website?
Their dns entry is gone.

I subscribed to [email protected] but there's not much
posting there.  Any other sites or lists for outages?

Matt Sommer
Sysadmin