Re: whois

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Mon Feb 16 12:39:06 1998

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	Try whois -h whois.arin.net 38
>
> 	or whois [email protected] if you use fwhois
>
> On a dark and stormy night, Bill Becker said:
> >
> > Have i Missed Something or is whois broke today?

I thought about posting earlier...but decided it wasn't operational
enough.  Now that someone else has broken the ice...whois
is hosed...the root servers are using old data.  Things like:

whois "server KASHM-HST"

don't work today.  I got a call this morning from an ex-customer who moved
several domains last week.  Today, they mysteriously moved back to
us...both in whois and the root servers.

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |